Below is some important upcoming information to be aware about:
Spirit Wear orders will be due this Sunday on October 3rd . We are encouraging all of the livestock show students to purchase the black WISD Show Team shirt. We would like everyone to wear these on move in day for livestock shows so we are easily identifiable, however they are not required.
Go to SpiritWorx.com, click on Spirit Stores, enter the number 11896!
SPOOKTACULAR JACKPOT SHOW
The Wylie Show and Sale is putting on the Spooktacular Jackpot Show on October 30th. We will still be collecting Sponsorships for the next couple of days so if you know of anyone wanting to do one please have them email an Ag Teacher or give me their contact information. Just a few reminders about the jackpot:
- Wylie students cannot participate by showing in the jackpot and they are required to volunteer to work the jackpot. If you participate or do not assist with the jackpot, you are forfeiting eligibility to show at Wylie Show and Sale.
SHEEP/GOAT - WEIGH IN
Our next sheep and goat weigh in will be during our fall break on October 14th from 3pm-5pm. Feeding advice will be given at this weigh in and a showmanship clinic will be provided. It is highly recommended that new students attend this weigh in, and Wylie Show and Sale points will be given to all that attend.
Entry night will be on October 25th at Wylie High School in Ms. McAlister's room(510). This is where students will enter all of the stock shows for the year.
I did want to clarify a few things on the sheep and goat side since there are some changes for this year –
- This year we will be adding Ft. Worth to the list of shows. This is NOT a terminal show which means your animal can come back home, so any student planning to show at Wylie Show and Sale can attend if they choose to. Basically it is a large jackpot, but you can win some prize money if you place. It is a lot of fun, and would give experience at a major without being a terminal show.
- The following shows are TERMINAL(animals will not come home) for sheep and goats – Houston, San Antonio & Wylie Show and Sale.
- NON TERMINAL shows for sheep and goats are – Collin County Jr. Livestock Show and Ft. Worth.
- Please bring cash or check to Entry Night to pay for entries. If you have questions about this or estimated cost please let me know and I can do my best to help you.
NOVEMBER 6TH JACKPOT – SHEEP/GOATS –
I will be hauling any students wanting to attend a jackpot show(practice show) who show sheep or goats through WISD on November 6th. It will be one in McKinney or Denison, but at this time it is still in the air. If you would like to attend please sign up on the Sign Up Genius listed below and I will send information as we have it available to that email. This would be a great first experience for those that have not shown before and is normally about $30 per animal. I will send out a Sign Up Genius for clip times as we get closer to the show. Please sign up by October 29th with the link below if you plan on attending.
AG AWARENESS DAY -
Ag Awareness Day will be next Wednesday, October 6th. For a permission slip and more information, please contact your Ag Teacher. Students must be a paid FFA member and bring a canned food item!
October 1st – FFA Membership/Supporter Club Forms/Medical Due
October 3rd – Spirit Wear Orders Due
October 6th – Ag Awareness Day
October 5th – Fresh Country Fundraising Begins
October 7th – FFA Meeting @ 6pm; Supporter Club Meeting @ 7pm.
October 14th – Sheep/Goat Weigh In
October 19th – Fresh Country Fundraiser Due
October 20th – Sheep/Goat Validation @ Myers Park
October 21st – Sheep/Goat Weigh In
October 25th – Entry Night @ WHS in 510.
October 28th - Rabbit clinic 5-6:30 room 510 @ WHS
October 30th - Spooktacular Jackpot
Megan Pruett, M.Ed.