The Wylie Show and Sale is putting on the Spooktacular Jackpot Show on October 30th. We will still be collecting Sponsorships for the next couple of days so if you know of anyone wanting to do one please have them email an Ag Teacher or give me their contact information. Just a few reminders about the jackpot. Wylie students cannot participate by showing in the jackpot and they are required to volunteer to work the jackpot. If you participate or do not assist with the jackpot, you are forfeiting eligibility to show at Wylie Show and Sale.
Below is some important upcoming information to be aware about:
Spirit Wear orders will be due this Sunday on October 3rd . We are encouraging all of the livestock show students to purchase the black WISD Show Team shirt. We would like everyone to wear these on move in day for livestock shows so we are easily identifiable, however they are not required.
Go to SpiritWorx.com, click on Spirit Stores, enter the number 11896!
SPOOKTACULAR JACKPOT SHOW
The Wylie Show and Sale is putting on the Spooktacular Jackpot Show on October 30th. We will still be collecting Sponsorships for the next couple of days so if you know of anyone wanting to do one please have them email an Ag Teacher or give me their contact information. Just a few reminders about the jackpot:
- Wylie students cannot participate by showing in the jackpot and they are required to volunteer to work the jackpot. If you participate or do not assist with the jackpot, you are forfeiting eligibility to show at Wylie Show and Sale.
SHEEP/GOAT - WEIGH IN
Our next sheep and goat weigh in will be during our fall break on October 14th from 3pm-5pm. Feeding advice will be given at this weigh in and a showmanship clinic will be provided. It is highly recommended that new students attend this weigh in, and Wylie Show and Sale points will be given to all that attend.
Entry night will be on October 25th at Wylie High School in Ms. McAlister's room(510). This is where students will enter all of the stock shows for the year.
I did want to clarify a few things on the sheep and goat side since there are some changes for this year –
- This year we will be adding Ft. Worth to the list of shows. This is NOT a terminal show which means your animal can come back home, so any student planning to show at Wylie Show and Sale can attend if they choose to. Basically it is a large jackpot, but you can win some prize money if you place. It is a lot of fun, and would give experience at a major without being a terminal show.
- The following shows are TERMINAL(animals will not come home) for sheep and goats – Houston, San Antonio & Wylie Show and Sale.
- NON TERMINAL shows for sheep and goats are – Collin County Jr. Livestock Show and Ft. Worth.
- Please bring cash or check to Entry Night to pay for entries. If you have questions about this or estimated cost please let me know and I can do my best to help you.
NOVEMBER 6TH JACKPOT – SHEEP/GOATS –
I will be hauling any students wanting to attend a jackpot show(practice show) who show sheep or goats through WISD on November 6th. It will be one in McKinney or Denison, but at this time it is still in the air. If you would like to attend please sign up on the Sign Up Genius listed below and I will send information as we have it available to that email. This would be a great first experience for those that have not shown before and is normally about $30 per animal. I will send out a Sign Up Genius for clip times as we get closer to the show. Please sign up by October 29th with the link below if you plan on attending.
AG AWARENESS DAY -
Ag Awareness Day will be next Wednesday, October 6th. For a permission slip and more information, please contact your Ag Teacher. Students must be a paid FFA member and bring a canned food item!
October 1st – FFA Membership/Supporter Club Forms/Medical Due
October 3rd – Spirit Wear Orders Due
October 6th – Ag Awareness Day
October 5th – Fresh Country Fundraising Begins
October 7th – FFA Meeting @ 6pm; Supporter Club Meeting @ 7pm.
October 14th – Sheep/Goat Weigh In
October 19th – Fresh Country Fundraiser Due
October 20th – Sheep/Goat Validation @ Myers Park
October 21st – Sheep/Goat Weigh In
October 25th – Entry Night @ WHS in 510.
October 28th - Rabbit clinic 5-6:30 room 510 @ WHS
October 30th - Spooktacular Jackpot
Megan Pruett, M.Ed.
If you will be showing market rabbits for the Collin County Show, please email Ms. McAlister at email@example.com ASAP. If you will be ordering your rabbits through me, orders will be put in Friday morning at 8am. In your email, please include if you will be purchasing your market rabbits on your own or if you will be purchasing them through me.
Thank you all that have signed up to work the Rodeo this weekend. Most of the student spots were filled so we have added a few more this morning. We are also in need of parents to drive the golf carts for parking.
Please go to the link below to sign up:
Thank you all for your help.
Wylie Show and Sale
Attached is the form to complete for our Wylie FFA Email Fundraiser. Please complete this By Monday 9/20/21. We are asking that everyone supply a minimum of 10 names and email addresses of friends and/or family that would be interested in helping support our program. The student that submits the most names will receive a $25 Starbucks gift card!
Thank you for your support,
Wylie FFA Supporter Club Board
Hi Wylie FFA Family,
The Wylie Rodeo is quickly approaching and we need volunteers to make it a success! We have the Fundraising Opportunity to have several booths at the Wylie Rodeo. We need everyone's help to make this happen. Please sign up for available slots for you and your student.
For more information on the Wylie Rodeo, please visit this webpage: https://www.wyliechamber.org/wylie-rodeo/
Thank you so much for your patience as I have navigated these past few weeks dealing with some family health issues. I have really appreciated all the gifts, food and prayers during all of this. It doesn’t go unnoticed and I am so thankful for each of you.
However, I am hoping that next week we can get back to some sense of normalcy in the sheep and goat barn. I wanted to go ahead and give you some State Fair lamb and goat information, it is attached to this e-mail in a PDF document. Please carefully look over the important attached document if you are attending the State Fair lamb and/or goat show. It should have everything you need to know for the State Fair, but of course if you have questions please let us know!
I will be at school tomorrow and sheep/goat shopping on Friday. I will be at the barn tomorrow morning to look at animals, please text or email me and let me know if you would like me to look at your animal for recommended feed changes. I will be looking at animals starting at around 8:30am, and will look at them through 1st and 2nd period during Practicum. Please let me know before then if you have any concerns with your animal, and I can take a look at that as well.
Megan Pruett, M.Ed.
Quick reminder that our first FFA meeting will be Thursday, September 9th at 6pm in the AG Room (510) at Wylie High School. 5 WSS points will be rewarded to all students that attend.
Our Supporter Club meeting will follow at 7pm in the same room. We will have an online option for this meeting which has been pasted below. Students with parents that attend will be rewarded with 5 WSS points per parent.
Topic: WHS Supporter Club Meeting
Time: Sep 9, 2021 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Hope to see you all there!
We have a couple announcements for everyone!
1. Attached is the REVISED Ag Handbook for the 2021-2022 school year. The letter M. concerning breeding animals has been taken out. We do apologize for this inconvenience and confusion. This was a slight oversight and we are sincerely sorry for the miscommunication. Breeding animals will not be allowed at the barn or shown through our FFA programs. Along with this revision, all handbooks will need to be resigned. Please print out the signature pages and return them to your Ag Teacher by September 10th. No handbook signature pages will be accepted with a date prior to August, 25th 2021.
2. If you will be keeping a trailer at the barn for any period of time, please complete the form link below. Keep in mind that when you leave your trailer at the barn, you are allowing us to move the trailer if need be. You will receive notice before we move it if the need arises. https://forms.gle/oXmjYUBnqCf7U9wU9
If you plan on showing a pig for the 2021-2022 show season, please keep reading!
If you will be showing a pig, please complete the following form link pasted below. This will give us more information regarding purchasing. If you are still on the fence about showing, please do not fill out this form just yet. The form needs to be completed by September 10th.https://forms.gle/FqvQwmDvArv6vMdw9
Validation tags will be due September 14th to your Ag Teacher. Please make checks payable to Wylie High Supporter Club. I have attached the form to be filled out and returned with your money by the deadline. If you are unsure of how many pigs you will want to show, please buy enough tags for the highest number of pigs you may show. If you do not buy a tag for your pig, you will not be able to show ANYWHERE!!! Validation will be either the Monday or Tuesday before Thanksgiving.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out!
Ag Science Teacher
Wylie FFA Advisor
Wylie High School